A list of stuff I’m dividing my free time into.
- Joe Crandall – A new video podcast starring my friend Jake as Joe Crandall, an extremely underqualified hick applying via video interviews to high-level positions. We plan to send the videos in to real positions, and hopefully respond to their rejection-emails. Should be easy to do, but we’ll need to see where the idea takes us, as so far there’s really just the premise.
- Emily On – A video podcast — animated — of conversations I have with my daughter, psuedonymmed “Emily”. Emily On Giants is the first one, and some of you have seen it. This is hit-and-miss, as you can’t will a real conversation to be funny. Unless you fart during it, but even that can be tricky to will.
- Mockentaries, for lack of a better title. Audio commentaries on films that you sync up and listen to while watching the subject movie. Like Mystery Science Theater, but with no robots.
- Singlesaints needs a major overhaul.
- D&C Comics Posters – posters of Book of Mormon (and perhaps Bible) characters in comic-book style poses and art, as if they were comic book superheroes. Still figuring out the ROI on that one.
- Screenplays – got 2 thrillers & 2 comedies floating around my hard drive.
- My Great American Novel – about a guy in the distant future trying to escape alien captors after one of them eats his arm. Move over, Catcher in the Rye.
- Stand-up comedy – I gotta get myself up to open-mic night at the nearest comedy club, which I fear is 45 minutes away.
- Movie reviewer comic strip – Two guys that write movie reviews. Like Penny Arcade, but with movies. It will hopefully be autobiographical, because I want to
- become a movie reviewer – I may have enough audience with Singlesaints.com that I could get myself (& Howard, for Schlock Mercenary) to be invited to press screenings. Free movies! W00t! I use the term “movie reviewer”, because NOBODY likes “film critics”.
Aaaaand there may be more but I can’t remember it right now.