So, okay. I’m plugging away at this new business idea — it’s got me extremely excited, but it also has me ready to quit my job and just GO for it, rather than taking the time to research it out carefully.
Rebecca doesn’t care for that too much.
If we are going to make a go of this, I see us primarily being a call center, and there’s no reason to run a call center out of California — so I see us moving back to Utah.
If the research shows that the service is viable and sellable, then I don’t want to wait. We have enough credit to be able to finance a move and a couple months’ living expenses — but remember I wouldn’t dive into this if it wasn’t clear that I could sell it. (I’m very confident in its marketability, but until I have some numbers, I’m staying put in my tidy job.)
But now, add to that the fact that we’re getting some inheritance soon, and I’m even edgier.
Then, compound it with the fact that I now believe I could sell my other business, Singlesaints.com, for a great deal of money. (It has some sweet search engine rank, I tells ya.)
So I asked Rebecca today, “Do you have it in your head that we could be living in Utah in a month?”
She was kind of appalled. The answer was no — not because she dislikes Utah — she would like to go back, too, she says — but because she doesn’t want to take any risks.
Me, I’m so sure of this sure thing that it seems riskier to NOT jump on it right now. To NOT spend every hour recruiting sales people and building the site — whew, insanity.
In any case, I need to show that it’s marketable before anything else, so I started cold-calling today to do research. That’s HARD, dude. That’s SCARY. But I called 6 numbers before I wussed out and had lunch and went back to work. Of the 6, I spoke with 2, and one was too busy to answer questions, and the other said my questions would have to be directed to the corporate office.
I’m going to try to take a longer lunch tomorrow and get in a few dozen calls.